Thursday, February 9, 2012

February

I really have to start writing and keeping up with this blog! We have dry periods though, which is nice actually. I enjoy not having an absolutely crazy day-to-day life. It's refreshing!

I can't say that we haven't had a busy month so far, because we really have. It all comes with being in a new place and trying to establish a home and a community as quickly as possible. That way, the 18 months doesn't seem so short. The first thing we've done is finished setting up the house. It took about a week to get all the boxes unpacked, another week to figure out where things were going to be stored and what was going to be donated, and then this last week to just put the finishing touches on the place and figure out where to put that obligatory last box that doesn't fit anywhere. There has been one for every house accept the second house in Hawaii, which was so big we had empty drawers in it! I now get to work on the outside, plant my pots, get the front garden in shape, those types of things.

We also found a church home! We didn't take long to find one, we went and tried Shoreline Community Church and were very happy with the music right from the start. We like the Pastor, like the sermons they are doing this year, which is going through upper and lower story/stories of the Bible, and even though it's a larger church we feel like we can make it small. The BEST part is that we expressed interest in becoming part of the worship team and they heard us and accepted us right away! How amazing! They worship coordinator is very excited about Daniel, which I expected, and I think that Daniel is going to have fun and maybe grow a little with being part of the worship team. He may even start leading! :) He would just give me a look if he read this. I'm excited for him though, he's so incredibly talented and I think it's something he should continue to pursue and grow in. Who knows, maybe we'll record something and become famous Christian artists someday! We'd need a little help on that one though. Anyway, we're happy with the church, oh, and Grace is happy with her Sunday school class (which is really nursery). She's gets to run and play and have snack, and the best part is it's only an hour so she's not on her own too long. I'm happy because I really feel like I can sit in service and not worry about whether she's alright. I was spoiled with Il Faro and having Nonnas and "family" around who knew her and loved her. I do very much miss Il Faro still, but I think we're going to be happy here.

Oh, what else. Grace is in two play groups now. One is through the military and it's 1 to 2 year-olds. They run around and play for 45 minutes, then do some circle time, story time, parachute time, music time, and then snack while the moms and dads get a little informative lecture on whatever topic the teacher has chosen for that day. Grace loves it, and is absolutely fearless. She climbs on everything, goes up to the other children and has already hugged and kissed a boy!! His face was priceless when she did that; it was a mixture of fear and bewilderment. His mom laughed thankfully! The two hours tuckers her out and I know she's having a good time. The topic review at the end is what I think qualifies the whole two hours for federal funding, because it's a parent's class and therefore we can take it for free! Grace also has Art and Food on Fridays over at Parent's Place, which we do pay for, but is well worth it because she has a ton of fun there as well. She has gotten to paint, play with play-do (spelling?), and make a general mess of everything around and on her....she absolutely loves it! I love it too because she has such a fun time and is so energetic and interactive with everyone there. We are waiting for a core class to open up for her, but until then, we will enjoy what we have.
I'll stop there for now, but say that I am SO SO SO incredibly excited because Ms. Carin Agor and her family are coming to town today and I cannot wait to see the woman! We haven't seen each other in three years and it's like we just blinked an eye. No one knows the life of a Submarine wife quite like your first wardroom ladies ;). Have a great weekend!
Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment