Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Living on a budget...

I really have a hard time living on a budget, and there isn't an easy way to do it. Case in point; today I decided to head over to BabiesRUs because I really wanted to buy Grace some foam letters and numbers for her play floor. We drove about forty minutes up to Santa Cruz to hit this store, and when I got there, I had to laugh. It was possibly the largest Babies/ToysRUs I had ever seen. If anyone has been in a BabiesRUs before, no matter the size, they know how overwhelming it is. This was ridiculous. There goes the budget mindset!! I was proud of myself though, I put things back and I only bought two things that were full price. Everything else was on clearance, AND 40% off that. Grace got some pretty cute shirts and skirts :). I could have bought a ton of things, but I definitely got what I wanted, and so did Grace :).
Another perk of the drive up... it was the longest we've driven since getting to Monterey, 30 minutes... woa! Grace actually got a nap in the car, anywhere else we go, it's either too short of a trip, or we're stopping at lights the whole way. I'm not going to complain about that though, it's a nice change from Italy where I had (chose, really) to drive 30 minutes to get anywhere.
Anyway, quick entry, we had a nice day with lots of new things to play with for Grace (and mommy!).


No comments:

Post a Comment