Thursday, September 1, 2011

And what do you do?

I'm a mom, that's what I do right now, and I flipping love it! Watching this little girl grow and become her own little person is quite possibly the best thing I've ever done in my life.Work can wait right now (don't worry parents, I'll go back to work at some point). I know the only reason I can stay home is because my fantastic, handsome, wonderful best friend lets me stay home and hang out with Grace. It helps that I can't really work right now, so I don't feel guilty, though I know that there are a ton of moms out there who don't have that choice and to you wonderful ladies, I applaud you because you're the strongest women of us all. It's not easy being a mom, but being a working mom is even harder.
The only thing that gets me is that question, "what do you do?" I proudly state that I'm Grace's mom for now, and now don't even mention that I'm a nurse because I love this job so much I'd probably not go back if I went with my heart. People are better in the military community, but there are some who still are a little confused when one doesn't elaborate from the mom job. "Well, I'm a mom, but I'm really a (fill in the blank)." As if we have to justify our existence. I'm happily contributing to the world by raising a fantastically cute and smart daughter. :) There will be a time to go back to nursing, if I choose to one day, or if I have to. Now though, this is my job; the most important job I will ever have. And I'm loving it.

Ciao tutti

No comments:

Post a Comment