Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Baby Weight!!

I was doing SO well after I had Grace, I dropped the pounds within about two months and was back to my pre-pregnancy weight (maybe a little lower) within three months. Then, one day, I tried my pants on and they were a little tight, got on the scale thinking that they MUST have shrunk in the wash and I looked down at a number that was NOT what I was expecting. No one mentioned that at a certain point the weight starts coming back if you don't watch out. What was going through my head was, "I have 500 more calories a day since I'm breastfeeding." Apparently not. I'm now 10 lbs up again and have that awful, tight, nothing fits feeling whenever I put on a piece of clothing. Anyone know what I'm talking about?!
Being that there are no sidewalks around us, and it takes about 20 to 30 minutes to get anywhere that does, I thought I would start a work-out routine at home. I haven't been successful yet, it's much easier to sit down and write about it then actually do it. To be honest, videos kind of bore me. I'd much rather be outside with some music blaring, running and house gazing....all while pushing a jogging stroller and dragging a leash :). Have I mentioned lately that I cannot WAIT to get back to the States where there are areas to do such things?!
On a brighter note, Grace seems to be learning how to move a little more. She's trying to pull herself up wherever she can, and has started figuring out how to get from belly to sitting. She still has some strength to build in her arms and legs, but she's getting there. She'll be a late bloomer in the crawling/walking department, which is fine with me. It's hard to keep track of her when you're trying to do three other things around the house and there is no way to keep her in the room with you.
Alright, I'm going to drag my rear over to the TV and start this thing. We'll see how it goes.

Ciao Tutti

No comments:

Post a Comment