Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Hello, my name is Allison and I'm a furniture mover


I have a tendency to move furniture, a lot. Every couple months, when the apartment or house is a mess and I want to really get a good clean in, I always end up changing a room around. This week coming home from the States spurred cleaning that has resulted in at least one newly organized room. Grace's room was first, but once I get some uninterrupted time, there will be other rooms rearranged :). I have an itch, maybe because we're moving soon and it's an excuse to say that I'm organizing. Grace's room was a simple move, I changed out her drawers to hold the appropriate sized clothing; it's amazing how many pieces of clothing that child has! I also brought the IKEA shelving unit down to the horizontal position (it was vertical) so that she now has a play area in her room with all her toys and books accessible. I know, she's only 8 months, but the kiddo grabs at everything! This way it's all in front of her; her room is also the coolest in the house right now, so she can play as hard as she wants and not get overheated. Our air conditioners have been working overtime this summer because I won't turn them off. It's too hot for me, let alone Grace. I'd rather pay the exorbitantly high electricity bill than sweat through the day and be miserable. Oh how I miss central air! Anyway, here are a couple pictures of the sweet pea's newly organized room. Enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment