Our Jack has gone missing. Or, he's on an adventure, which is what I had to tell Grace yesterday when she asked about him. She's easily pared the grandparents with the correct animal and Jack goes with Papa and Grandma. I'm praying he's just on an adventure and will return soon, but considering his inquisitiveness and personality, it's much more likely that he either ran in to a bigger, stronger animal, or he got stuck in something and couldn't get out. The other option is that someone has taken him in and decided to keep him. That would break my heart above everything else, but at least he'd (hopefully) be taken care of. We've posted everywhere, my Dad doing most of the work. He's been wonderful, putting up posters, riding around the community, talking to neighbors. If anyone loves that cat more than I do, it's my Dad. All I've felt like I can do is post on the internet, which seems extremely insignificant, but there is power in the internet, so hopefully something turns up.
He's my little man, and I miss him all the time, but I have a ton of good memories of the dude. He was feisty at the beginning, egging on Opel, running around in kitten style, knocking things off counters, dressers, anything just to get our attention. This infuriated me, but it also made me laugh! His eyes were so mischievous... they still get that way when he wants to play! He'll run after dogs, especially his friends. Maggie was always a good target in Monterey. :). He thinks he's a dog, and acts like one, lying on the ground to get cool, "wagging" his tail when he was happy to see you, drinking out of any running water faucet. The best, for me, was when he was a kitten, and even into his adult years; he'd jump up and cuddle with me, kneading his paws (a little uncomfortably) on me and grabbing part of my shirt to suck on. It was weird and cute.
He's an outdoor cat now, so it isn't a stretch to think that this could happen; would happen at some point. My hope is that, if he's out and about, he's doing alright. He's a good hunter, so eating should not be a problem. It's the cold and nighttime that I worry about. I hope he comes back. He has been the best cat I've ever met, ever cared for, ever known. He came into my life when I had a lot of change, a lot of adjustment, and he was my cuddly companion. My emotional support for a while. I just love the little man. So, here's to Jack, hope he's happy and healthy, or in animal heaven with Sadie, Sydney, Scruff, and Matchka.
love you

No comments:
Post a Comment