Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Fall

 Seems like a once monthly blog post is all I can manage right now. We are chugging along in Groton. I can't say we're doing anything spectacular, we're just hanging and enjoying each other. I'm very much looking forward to fall and all of it's sccenary and activities. I have plans to bring the kiddos to a cidar mill, a pumpkin farm, and at least once we're all going to hop in the van and take a ride North to see the beautiful tree-lined roads of New England. We'll have family visit and we are also going to be planning our next move.... blah!

On to more fun things, Noah started crawling about two weeks ago! It's adorable to see his new-found pride and enjoyment as he wiggles around the house and finds anything and everything to put in his mouth. He is a LOT happier though, so I'm fine with the new challenge of watching him every second to make sure he doesn't eat something and choke. Grace and Noah together are more and more a comedic relief. in the evenings when they're both getting ready for bed, they laugh and are starting to wrestle... it's absolutely hilarious, especially when Noah is instigating! Bath time has also become a hit, and it's easy to get them in, harder to get them out. Noah enjoys the bath and the water, crawling back even after he's out and in his pjs! They're good together and we try to encourage it, though Grace gets a little too rough sometimes when she's overcome with "love!"

 We've done a really fun bike ride around Providence, which had gorgeous scenery, but was a little too much for Grace and Noah. They were over it about 50 minutes into the ride, despite packing the trailer with everything you can think of to keep them occupied. I would love to have time for Daniel and I to just sneak away and ride on our own, but without Meema to watch, that's not going to happen here! We do miss her terribly, and can't wait to see her in December (hopefully), when we go back to visit.

 God has granted us this time together and is stretching me to find innovative ways to keep the kids and the house together. It's a little challenging to not have a playgroup to go to, or a park that is accessible, things we grew accustomed to in Monterey. I knew though, when we left Monterey, that we were most likely entering a season of stretching and testing. This is the easy part too in many ways! Daniel is home earlier here, and we get lots of family time (almost too much sometimes!). God is good though, and I can feel Him guiding us and preparing us, as He always has, to take the next steps. I'm thankful every day that He knows our path and has prepared it for us, because with all the changes and unknowns, anxiety and worry can overwhelm. It's easier to give it to Him and trust that He's got it covered!


 I'll end there, and share some pictures. Ciao!





No comments:

Post a Comment