Noah is almost three months old now... technically 12 weeks, but as moms know, after they're born weeks don't really count anymore, dates do. We finally are getting into some kind of groove. Noah doesn't sleep through the night yet, and Grace was close at this point. Boys are different I guess, they don't want to give up the night time feeds as easily (at least most boys I know). I don't have the energy to do a Babywise cry it out session yet either, so he pretty much gets attention when he asks. I can't say I mind too much, he's such a good smiley baby and I feel horrible when he is uncomfortable. The last three months has been Noah being uncomfortable... colic, gassiness, and fussiness has ruled our days. I tried to cut out dairy, cut down on caffeine (both of which made for a cranky mommy), but nothing seemed to work. The only thing that helped a bit was gas drops, though it could have been just timing. Everything seems to be settling down now. We've had a week or so of being able to put Noah to sleep at 730pm and he will calmly go to sleep, before it was screaming until he wore out and passed out. He wakes up between 12 and 1am, then again around 5 and isn't very comfortable after that, but then 7am rolls around and this smiley little boy is there to greet you. It's adorable, I absolutely love it.
Grace has been a champ through the whole thing. It's taken 3 months for her to settle out too, but she loves Noah, and I think finally seems to like having him around, instead of viewing him as a barrier between me and her. She's full fledged into her terrible twos, and talks to us like a little woman, but even that is leveling itself out. She continues to learn new words, is a perpetual repeater, and loves learning about new things around her, and meeting new people. She is the world's most social two year old I have ever met. She loves all our friends, Jon and Bethany in particular, our friends and fellow worshipers from church. She's sweet on Jonathan, which makes us all laugh, however Jonathan doesn't mind and they seem to get along well. As we move toward June and having to leave here, leaving our church family will be hard for her and for us as well. How do you tell a two year old that you're not going to be living around all these wonderful people anymore? It's hard enough for me, maybe she just won't realize it. At least this time.
So, we have a groove, at least for a couple weeks. As always, you get into a routine and it changes just as you get comfortable! Such is life I suppose!
Ciao Tutti!
No comments:
Post a Comment