Monday, February 4, 2013

Attachment Parenting

 I'm not about attachment parenting (no offense to those who are), it's just not something that I have ever wanted to commit to. Noah, however, is determined to change that for me. It's been a month and the kid wants to sleep no where else but on someone's chest or in someone's arms. He doesn't really like the pacifier either, and would prefer to nurse to sleep. My "Babywise" mind is going nuts whenever this happens, but what makes me more nuts is trying to get him to sleep without these two crutches. I always said I'd never be a pacifier for my kid, but it's proving to be challenging! Now, he's only a month, but he doesn't sleep well without these two things and the poor kid is so tired. And poor Grace is left to fend for herself often because mommy doesn't have the hands to get up and get what she wants. He would have been a great first baby, I would have worn him everywhere, slept with him on the couch, nursed whenever (not really, I was a little crazy with Grace). I like to think I would have though!
 So, our days are spent sitting, trying hard to figure out a better way to get Noah to sleep on his own. I do keep reminding myself that this will end, that Noah will grow up too fast and soon he won't be falling asleep on us and cuddling. I remember well when Grace stopped doing that. So, though I'm frustrated at times, I'm thankful. God truly gives us a beautiful blessing when he gives us babies. At least I think so.

 Today we get to go to the farm, Grace is very excited to see all of her friend!

 Ciao Tutti!

No comments:

Post a Comment