Wohoo! I found a Bradley birthing class last night two hours before it was to start, and she had a spot for us! Absolute minor miracle... they only take women who are within three months of delivering, it's once a week, and they are small classes (four to five couples max). We were the last spot filled and it was only the second class, so I missed very little. I had been lightly searching for classes without success, and went back to Google last night just to look up literature or guided websites that I could use on my own. Bradley popped up (something I had wanted to try out but couldn't find any resources without a class), I typed in our zip code and wallah! There was one class open and down the road from us. I am so excited! Grace's birth kind of stunk in retrospect; I was induced, didn't know how to manage the artificial contraction pain that the meds caused (MUCH more intense than natural contractions I'm told), and I couldn't cope. That led to an epidural that gave me and Grace a fever, which earned Grace two days of antibiotics and about 5 or 6 attempts before finally getting an IV in her (though I completely understand being a NICU nurse and having to get an IV on a little one). Thinking about this next experience, I feel better knowing that I will feel a little more in control. That's really all I want and if I decide to get an epidural, then so be it, but at least I won't feel like my pain is out of my hands. We will see what Daniel thinks of the class when he attends next week!
ciao tutti!
No comments:
Post a Comment