At least that's what I think will be in our future! We are having a BOY! I wasn't surprised, I knew it was going to be a boy, as much as I knew Grace was a girl; I suppose God gave me that inclination because I have no scientific reasoning as to why I know, I just do. I guess I have to add that we found out at our 16 week appointment, so as of now it's not 100% guaranteed, but it's close 80-90%. Daniel is keeping his excitement slightly contained because of that number, so in a month it will be even more official! I, however, cannot wait and want to tell everyone! We would have been excited for a girl too, a companion sister for Grace only two years apart would be so wonderful, but I think we both hoped for a little boy.
We have the same dilemma with Grace as we are thinking of names. We had a set girls name this round, but can't settle on a boys. There are so many choices and Grace's name is perfect for her! I just want this little man to have the same type of name; one that is solid, has meaning, and people remember. It doesn't need to be beautiful, but I want it to have some weight. As with Grace, we're not going to tell anyone, that will be a surprise.
It is so much fun to go into Target and look at the baby stuff again. I went over the other day and for the first time saw all the boy items that were for sale and just smiled, such a fun new experience! We have all the big stuff, we may swap a couple things, considering how little space we have to welcome this little man, however clothes will be lots of fun!
It's amazing to think that God has given us a boy! I asked, but didn't know if that would be our path or not. I'm thankful today for God's gift, and if we're wrong and in a month he turns out to be a girl, I'll still be thankful for her.... because God is faithful, and He loves us so much, and children are one of the best ways I can think he shows His love; whether those children end up being brought to us by ourselves, other parents, petri dishes, you name it... they're all a gift.
Ciao!
Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. James 1:17
No comments:
Post a Comment