Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Round Two

    Things have changed around our little home. In April we found out that we're expecting number two! It was a surprise, but a welcomed one, as we had planned on trying for baby number two in late summer. Of course we know how it happened, but when it happened was a little surprising for me! Daniel was teasing me  about being so sleepy and kept saying, "I bet you're pregnant!" I was adamant that I was not, I have a toddler and I'm working night shifts, that's tiring! He wouldn't stop though, so I took a test just to prove him wrong. Now, if anyone has ever pee'd on a stick before :), the least optimal time to do it is four days before your cycle, and in the middle of the day without much in there. That was what I did, and I was absolutely speechless when I went back and it showed positive! I just stood there looking at it repeating, "oh my goodness, oh my goodness, oh my goodness!" I'm not good at keeping things from Daniel, so of course I immediately called him at school and yelled into the phone, "Daniel I"M PREGNANT!" I think he was in the library or something. He just laughed, and laughed some more and when he could speak, said, "I told you so."
   I was a bit nervous that there were two in there because the tiredness got a LOT worse, and the nausea that came at week 6 was more intense as well. At week 8 when we finally went in, we breathed a little tiny sigh of relief that there was only one, perfectly formed being in there. I was a little further along than I thought, just by a couple days, but it explained the early positive test. Things have mimicked Grace's pregnancy for the most part. I had nausea from week 6 to week 9.5, and tiredness the whole first trimester. This week is the 14th week and I feel like I'm back to my normal self. I actually got things done in the last two days! I think Daniel was on his last rope as far as patience and dealing with my laziness, so the second trimester couldn't have come fast enough! It's still hard with night shifts and a toddler, but it's more manageable.
   The irony of it all is that our surprise pregnancy has a due date of January 3, 2013... Grace was due January 1, 2011. All I could and can still think is that we are going to have the most EXPENSIVE Christmas season from here on out! It will be fun, and I will enjoy making it special for Grace and her younger sibling, but sometimes the dollar signs make both Daniel and I cringe :).

  I will write more of our June and July adventures, but for now, here are some pictures of Grace making Daddy's Father's Day present. She's getting bigger every day and has more personality and energy than we know what to do with at times!

Ciao!



No comments:

Post a Comment